What are the factors that contribute to economic growth?
Economists generally agree that economic development and growth are influenced by four factors: human resources, physical capital, natural resources and technology.
What are the industries that contributed to the growth of the Philippine economy?
The major industries of the Philippines include manufacturing and agribusiness. Within manufacturing, mining and mineral processing, pharmaceuticals, shipbuilding, electronics, and semiconductors are the focus areas.
What are the 4 factors that lead to a country’s economic growth?
Economic growth only comes from increasing the quality and quantity of the factors of production, which consist of four broad types: land, labor, capital, and entrepreneurship.
What are the 3 main determinants of economic growth?
There are three main factors that drive economic growth:
- Accumulation of capital stock.
- Increases in labor inputs, such as workers or hours worked.
- Technological advancement.
What are the 5 sources of economic growth?
Section 5.1 Sources of economic growth and/or development – notes
- Natural resources – land, minerals, fuels, climate; their quantity and quality.
- Human resources – the supply of labour and the quality of labour.
- Physical capital and technological factors – machines, factories, roads; their quantity and quality.
What is the main export of the Philippines?
Exports in Philippines account for nearly a third of GDP. Major exports are: electronic products (42 percent), other manufactures (10 percent) and woodcrafts and furniture (6 percent). Philippines is also the world’s largest producer of coconut, pineapple and abaca.
Is Philippines rich in natural resources?
The Philippines is a country rich in natural resources, such as minerals, agricultural land and fisheries, but this wealth is threatened by fast economic growth, rapid urbanisation and climate change. Evidence-based decision making can help balance the need for economic growth with sustainable resource management.
What are the major economic problems in the Philippines?
Causes of Poverty
- low to moderate economic growth for the past 40 years;
- low growth elasticity of poverty reduction;
- weakness in employment generation and the quality of jobs generated;
- failure to fully develop the agriculture sector;
- high inflation during crisis periods;
- high levels of population growth;
What are the 7 factors of production?
= ℎ . In a similar vein, Factors of production include Land and other natural resources, Labour, Factory, Building, Machinery, Tools, Raw Materials and Enterprise .
What makes a successful economy?
A truly successful economy not only excels at production and consumption, but also at providing a healthy culture to its citizens. … The focus of economies must be on the protection of the environment and its natural resources for future generations.