What are illegal in Thailand?
1) It’s illegal to leave the house without your underwear on. 2) It’s a crime to step on any Thai currency. 3) It’s a punishable offence to throw (used) chewing gum on the pavement. 4) You mustn’t drive a car shirtless.
What places to avoid in Thailand?
7 places to avoid in Thailand
- As beautiful as it is here, there are possibly a few places to avoid in Thailand. Places may look fantastic in pictures but the reality might be quite different. …
- Phuket. Phuket was once a paradise, but this is a long time ago. …
- Pattaya. …
- Hua Hin. …
- Pai. …
- Koh Chang. …
- Koh Samui. …
- Koh Phi Phi.
Is drugs allowed in Thailand?
The import and export of narcotics and/or psychotropic substances into/out of Thailand are general prohibited. Those travellers to Thailand under treatment who need to carry medications containing narcotic drugs and/or psychotropic substances into/out of Thailand must follow the applicable regulations strictly.
Can you wear red in Thailand?
Of course, it is perfectly safe to wear a red shirt in Thailand! Unless that is you wear one and join a mass demonstration against the army’s orders… Red is an auspicious color in Thailand cause of the Thai-Chinese, and Sunday is the ‘red day of the week’.
How can I marry a girl in Thailand?
Requirements for Thai Nationals:
- Identification Cards of both parties.
- The House Registration Certificates of both parties.
- Person filing has previously registered marriage – If divorced, proof of divorce must be shown; in the event of spousal death (the applicant is a widow or widower) proof must accompany application.
Is it safe to swim in Thailand?
The sea does contain dangerous creatures, such as sea snakes, lionfish, stonefish and jellyfish. However, it’s only really jellyfish that could concern swimmers, and these are not much of a problem on Thailand’s Andaman coast. … Do not swim in the sea if there are red warning flags on the beach.
What drugs are banned in Thailand?
Category 1 – Heroin;Amphetamine; Methamphetamine; MDMA (Ecstasy); LSD. Category 2 – Cocaine; Codeine; Methadone; Morphine. Category 5 – Cannabis; psychoactive mushrooms; Kratom Plant.
What are class A drugs in Thailand?
Amphetamines and ecstasy are regarded as Class A drugs and possession or trafficking carries the same penalty as heroin.
Is Xanax allowed in Thailand?
Thailand has strict controls over medical grade pain killers and stimulants, but anti-anxiety medications classified as benzodiazepine (Valium, Xanax, Ativan, etc… ) are the number one addicted prescription drug type.
Where do Thai celebrities hang out?
A lot of Thai and Hollywood celebrities are known to hang out on Thong Lor, Bangkok’s most hip and trendy district. Thailand’s first community mall, J Avenue, is at the centre of the action, with haunts like Greyhound (yes, from the clothing label of the same name), its dessert café Sweethound and After You.
How much does it cost to live comfortably in Bangkok?
You should plan to live in Thailand on a budget of at least $1,500 per month, with $2,000 being a more reasonable benchmark. This will allow you to live comfortably without breaking the bank. You could potentially live a lot cheaper, as low as $1,000 a month, but you would probably have a difficult time.