Do dogs have to quarantine in Malaysia?
If your pet is travelling to Malaysia from a non-scheduled country, they will have to be in quarantine for a minimum of seven days. They may be vaccinated with an approved anti-rabies vaccine upon arrival. … The quarantine period can be extended up to six months, if necessary.
How much does it cost to move a dog overseas?
Breakdown of the pet shipping cost
Many countries require pets to enter the country as “cargo”. These freight costs range from an estimated $300 to $1200 and vary depending on the airlines.
What dogs are not allowed in Malaysia?
The following breeds are not permitted to enter Malaysia: American Pit Bull, Pit Bull Terrier, Pit Bull, American Staffordshire Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Bulldog, Neopolitan Mastiff, Japanese Tosa, Akita, Dogo Argentino and Fila Braziliero.
How can I bring my dog from Singapore to Malaysia?
Steps to take before bringing dogs and cats into Singapore
- Identify exporting country/region rabies risk category. …
- Send your dog or cat for a rabies vaccination and a serology test. …
- Send your dog or cat for general vaccinations. …
- Reserve quarantine space. …
- Obtain a dog licence before applying for an import licence.
How can I import my dog to Malaysia?
Regulations for Importing Pets to Malaysia
- Microchip. Each pet shall be identified by means of a microchip. …
- Rabies Vaccination and Certificate. …
- Additional Vaccines. …
- Vet Health Certificate (Form 7001) …
- Import Permit. …
- USDA Endorsements. …
- Quarantine at Kuala Lumpur Animal Quarantine Station (KLAQS) …
- Additional Details.
Which airline is most pet friendly?
Most pet-friendly U.S. airlines
- American Airlines: Best for West Coast travel.
- United Airlines: Best for East Coast travel.
- Delta Airlines: Best for small pets.
- Southwest Airlines: Best for cheap pet fees.
- JetBlue: Best for pet amenities.
- Allegiant Air: Best for pet check-in process.
Can my dog sit with me on a plane?
Generally, if your dog in its carrier can fit under the seat in front of you, it can go in the cabin. So that means a dog weighing up to about 20 pounds. … Traveling with a dog this way, essentially as carry-on luggage, usually incurs a lower fee than if it travels in the belly of the plane.
How much does it cost to transport a dog on a plane?
Airlines typically charge a $100 to $125 one-way fee to bring your dog in the cabin. And, if you want your pet to fly in the cabin, you’ll need to purchase an airline-compliant pet carrier, which can cost from $30 up to $250, according to Consumer Reports.
How do I apply for a pet passport?
To apply for a Pet Passport, you will need to identify an authorised vet first. Make an appointment and take your pet along. You will also need to take his or her vaccination records, medical records and proof of identity.